Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Toddler's First Love

One of my very good friends let me watch her daughter while she went to work today. I thought it

would be good for Graison to be around other kids, and I desperately wanted to see my friend. She never have time for anything but work.

I thought today was going to be a busy day with me running after two toddlers and taking care of my sick five month old daughter, but to my surprise today was a breeze. My sister came over and we walked to the seafood place with the kids. They seem to really enjoy the walk, and so did I. The only thing I hate is crossing major highways. I have never been able to cross a highway without freaking out and thinking the cars are moving to fast... so I never do it.. When we got back my friend was waiting for us, and Graison was excited to see his playmate.

It took them no time at all to start getting into everything. As soon as they got into the house they ran into Graison's room and started screaming at each other, and throwing toys. I am shocked that my son did not run her away. He did not fight her, or do anything to make her cry. He was so sweet to her. He even apologized for her falling even though he did not cause it.

Later on I went outside to do some yard work and let the kids play. They really enjoyed being outside. Graison was sweet enough to let my friend's baby drive his truck and when they "ran out of gas" he got out and started pushing it. Before they "ran out of gas," Graison was scared by her driving and tried to get out the car, but she was not going for it. When he opened the door, she reached over and shut it before he could jump out the truck... They are so cute together.

I felt bad when it was time for her to leave. Graison was so hurt that he ran to the door and tried to go with her. The tears did not start until he saw her pull out of the driveway. He ran to me with his big wide eyes, full of tears, and hugged me. It was the first time he wanted to be around me all day, but me being mommy I embraced his hug and lent him my shoulder to cry on which lasted every bit of five seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section below. Thank you!