Thursday, October 22, 2015

Bible Verses to Help Overcome Emptiness and Feelings of Loneliness

Being a christian is not easy and sometimes we face trying times where we might feel that God has left us, or that we have strayed to far away to be brought back. Spiritually we may feel lost and in need of guidance so that we may be brought back to a peaceful state of mind.

I was once in that situation where I felt a wave of emptiness and loneliness. Nothing I did made me happy, or
would fill the emptiness inside. I slowed up on reading my bible and made excuses not to pray before I went to bed. I could feel myself pulling away and I could not stop it.

When I pulled away, I opened the door for the devil to walk right in and he did just that. Everything that was going well turned for the worst, and I felt like I could not shake it. I tried to get back into my daily routine, but when I sat down to read my bible I could not pay attention. My mind was racing a mile a minute. It was like the devil knew I was trying to find my way back home and he kept distracting me and leading me away from the right path. I could not focus, so I put my bible down for the time being, got on my knees and started praying. I asked God to clear my mind of all distractions and guide me to the right scriptures to feed my hunger for spiritual healing.

Once I finished saying my prayers, God opened my mind and my heart to receive his healing. He led me to a few scriptures that were directed towards my emptiness and lonely feelings, but two of them stuck to me the most and I hope they will do the same for you.

2 Corinthians 12;10
     Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

I loved this scripture because I took my feelings of emptiness as a sign of weakness, but I am strong in my weakness.

Luke 15:4-6
      What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness and go after that which is lost until it is found
        And when he hath found it he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing
         And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbors, saying unto them, Rejoice with me for I have found my sheep which was lost.

If we stray away from the flock, God will leave his flock to find us. He cares that we leave, but his greatest joy is when we returns. I really enjoyed reading this scripture because it spoke directly to my situation.

When I finished reading, my feelings of lonely and emptiness was no more and I can only thank God.

If you are still feeling lonely, read Psalms 25: 16-17, Isaiah 41:10, Luke 15:22-24.

God is our Strength, with him all obstacles can be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section below. Thank you!