Monday, September 21, 2015

Reflection On The Wall

       Dear reflection on the wall,

Please stop hurting my daughter's feelings. She saw you the other day and thought it would be a good idea to play with you, so she crawled up to you and bumped her head. I tried to explain to her that it was only her shadow and you would not play with her, but she insisted on coming up to you anyways. She showed you her cute little baby hand and to my surprise you and her had the same cute little hand and she laughed and I couldn't help, but laugh. I can not possibly imagine the conversation you and her had together or lack thereof, but she seemed to really enjoy whatever it was that you and her were talking about. I guess she did not realize that you wasn't really talking back. I don't think she cared.

What really got me was when she moved to a different place on the bed and you did not move with her. She threw a fit. One, I have never seen before and I have seen her share of fits. She slapped her brother's hand for trying to close the door of his power wheel because in her mind he should have known she was trying to get in so she could take it from him.

but this time was different. When she could not find you, she literally beat on the wall yelling at the top of her lungs like you had really went some where. Luckily it did not take her that long to get over her fit. I was glad because my wall was tired of feeling her wrath.

The friendship was good while it lasted, but once you disappeared and the wall stop accepting its beating, she moved on to the lonely doll in the corner.

You were truly a good five minute friend.

Sincerely,
The mother who witnessed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section below. Thank you!