Friday, May 15, 2015

The End To Regressive Behavior

I am so proud of my son! A few weeks ago, I wrote a post about regressive behavior. My son was going
through it and I felt it would be nice to enlighten other parents who were going through the same situation I was in and how to deal with it. No matter how much you research and read up on the subject remember that patients is key when it comes to dealing with your toddlers regressive behaviors.

It will pass!

and that is why I am so proud of my son. He has returned to his same old active self. He does not want me to hold him and treat him like a baby which I did not mind and actually enjoyed the extra bonding time.

but..

his room surly did miss him and I missed being able to blog in peace. When he was under me I did not have to worry to much about his room being so messy and dreading cleaning it up. I don't miss the banging and toys flying against the walls, but I will accept it with great pleasure.

This morning I had the pleasure of taking two CD's and a play phone out of his CD player.

He told me he was trying to watch the Paw Patrol..

Oh did I tell you when my son left his regressive behavior outside at the front door, he learned how to say so many different words and form them into sentences. So now when we talk to each other, I actually know what the conversation is about.

Great isn't it? I know right!

The best part is that we are back on track for potty training! I know you can tell that I am pretty much super excited and I really am. What can I say I am proud of him and we are having fun doing it. The other day he sat on the pot until he used it, came and got me to tell me he was finished and usually when he do there is nothing there, but this time there was. So I screamed YAY!!! YOU DID IT! YOU WENT TO THE POTTY! I was jumping up and down so he started jumping up and down and saying YAY! I DID IT! I POTTIED MOMMY( those are his exact words)

I just love that little boy. He keeps me laughing and he never fails to make me smile!

So..

Just remember regressive behavior is just a phase and all phases have to come to a end.

Be patient! Joy always comes in the morning!

and make sure they feel secure and loved! They need a little extra love and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be sure to leave a comment in the comment section below. Thank you!